If you’ve ever looked inside yourself and tried to understand who you are, you might have realised that there is a lot of ‘you’ that is hard to see (unconscious)!
It’s kind of like trying to see your own eye-ball, or like a butter knife trying to cut itself.
That’s why getting generous and honest feedback from our friends and trusted colleagues can be a wonderful gift! It can help us see those things in ourselves that are hard to see with our own eyes. And it can bring us closer together too (which is often nice).
So, here is a worksheet to invite feedback from those around you – those whose insights you would like to hear.
How to Use the Worksheet
- Identify a handful of people whose feedback you’d like (we’d suggest 5-7 or so).
- See if you can get a mix of people who see you in different walks of life, for example, some from your work life, some people who know you REALLY well, and some who perhaps have only met you recently.
- If you want to get really spicy you could even ask for feedback from ex-partners or ex-girlfriends/boyfriends!
- Email the form to them and ask them to fill it out and send it back to you.
- Print out their responses, sit down with a cup of your favourite beverage and open your heart to what they say – inviting it as how they see you, and not necessarily who you are.
- Next time you talk with them, see what’s changed in your relationship as a result of the feedback.
We’ve found that doing this exercise can be surprisingly powerful, and open up things in yourself or your relationships you really wouldn’t expect!
We hope you have fun.
Feedback Invitation Worksheet
We hope you enjoy getting feedback from your friends and colleagues!
Download PDF Right click and select "Save as…"