“No matter what environment you’re in, or what rules of the game are at play, none of that changes the fact that you can be a good sensor for a purpose. How can I be a good sensor, an agent of evolution, on behalf of an organization’s purpose.”
Brian Robertson of Holacracy fame gives the skinny on how to tune into the deeper purpose at the core of your business or organization, and why ‘feeling well-used by reality’ has become a regular measure for him in his work. Listen as Brian does what he does best – inspires us to realize there’s a whole different way of creating organisions!
In this interview we discuss…
- Why ‘feeling well used by reality’ can be a sign you’re on purpose
- Why trying to push your purpose into reality can get you into trouble, and how to instead, get out of the way
- How to deal with unconscious expectations and get to the clarity on the other side
- Why trying to get consensus and ‘buy-in’ from colleagues is a symptom of lack of clarity in your business purpose.
- Why getting out of your head and lofty ideals, and instead paying attention to your expectations of others is crucial for collaboration.
Brian Robertson is an experienced entrepreneur, CEO, and organizational pioneer. He is most well-known for his work developing Holacracy™, an organizational operating system that concretely embodies the new capacities called for by many organizational thought-leaders today.
Brian’s passion for software and business began early: he began programming at age six, and launched his first software-related business at age twelve. His initial work with Holacracy™ took place at Ternary Software, an award-winning fast-growth software company he founded and led for seven years and which was recognized as one of the world’s most “democratic” workplaces.
The system he initially developed there has continued to evolve and spread in the years since under the stewardship of HolacracyOne, an organization Brian co-founded to further develop the method and bring it to the world. He currently works with HolacracyOne to help consultants and change agents bring its evolutionary approach to organizations across the globe.
Download the Dialogue
Get FREE updates and join the community...
Want more stuff like this?
This dialogue is part of a free mini-series on the practice of Conscious Business, leading up to a traing course that will take you even deeper!
If you would like to be updated about the series, then just enter your email in the box on the right and join our growing community!