Brett is perhaps the world’s foremost Integral Leadership expert, and an executive coach with over 10,000 clocked hours of coaching CEOs. He’s also a seasoned entrepreneur and a veritable firehose of practical experience!
What you will experience during this class:
- Why the three leadership meta-questions can give you clarity about how you can most powerfully show up as a leader in your own work environment
- How to recognise different worldviews and know which ones are most prevalent in your own work environment
- How to identify the four Universal Leadership Styles and the situations in which to use them
- How to communicate most powerfully with the different worldviews using integral leadership framing and message translation tools
- How to find and trigger people’s own internal motivation toward embracing a more conscious business approach
Resources to check out as preparation for the class:
You don't have to be Integral to practice Integral Leadership
This is the original Waking Up the Workplace interview we did with Brett Thomas in 2011, in which he does a whirlwind tour through the nature of leadership, why it’s crucial for creating conscious business, and why Integral Leadership can be the iPod of conscious change work.
Introducing the Leadership Rosetta Stone
A 20-page introduction to Brett’s Integral Leadership model.
Universal Translator Toolkit
A reference sheet and blank template to help you translate to different wordviews.
Resources for use during the class:
Leadership Rosetta Stone Handout
A useful handout that summarizes Brett’s Leadership Rosetta Stone model.
Universal Translator Reference Sheet
A very rich reference sheet on the different worldviews Brett refers to with the Universal Translator.
Slides for ACB class 2 (Brett Thomas)
A PDF of the slides that Brett Thomas used for this class.
Bonus resources from Brett
In our debriefing after the class, Brett shared he had never before taught Integral Leadership to a new group in so little time. He was very impressed with the level of insight and complexity of thinking of our aspiring Agents of Conscious Business!
As a bonus, he’s gone all-out and generously shared the following additional resources with all of us:
- A 30-minute video presentationon Integral Leadership (as a reference and to further deepen your understanding)
- Eight articles from the Integral Leadership Collaborative, one of Brett’s many cool projects. These are another 74 pages to help you really deepen your understanding of leadership, motivation, communication, the Integral framework, and more. Wow!
- Practice guidelines and tips for practicing Integral Leadership, sorted into the three levels of skill he mentioned during the class: 1) Recognizing the Mindset, 2) Translating into the Dialect, and 3) Embodying the Leadership Style.
You’ll find the video presentation and the additional eight articles below.
Solving the Motivation Puzzle
The Gift and Curse of Interpretation
The Problem with Leadership Theory
Integral Leadership Primer
Leading an Organization
The Integral Framework