Brian is the creator of Holacracy, which is in our opinion the most powerful and conscious organisational structure in existence. He is also a thoroughly nice guy, and founded his first company at the age of 12!
What you will experience during this class:
- How to shift from a predict-and-control way of working to dynamic steering (resisting vs. facing reality)
- How to work with tensions to create meaningful change in your decision making and strategising
- Why differentiating organizations from people can stop competing needs from dominating your work relationships
- How clarifying and energizing specific roles and accountabilities can release you and the people you work with to give your fullest to your collaborations
- Why feeing ‘well-used by reality’ can help you surrender into the larger purpose of your work
Resources to check out as preparation for the class:
Business Doesn't Need More 'Conscious Leadership'
This is our original Waking Up the Workplace interview with Brian Robertson, in which he drills into what the organisation of the future could look like, how conscious leadership alone won’t cut it, and how the old predict-and-control methods are fast becoming obsolete.
A great introductory article into Holacracy, which Brian Robertson pioneered and is now spreading all over the world through HolacracyOne.
Handout: From Aim to Action
A reference sheet that shows the connection between daily actions and organisational purpose… and everything in between.
Holacracy Bonus Dialouge
Jeroen and Brian discuss how Holacracy can impact organisations and why having the conscious elements of governance ‘baked into the process’ of Holacracy means anyone can use it. (By the way, we originally gave this away to people who filled in a previous survey, thus the opening remark!)