David is the bestselling author of â€˜Getting Things Doneâ€™, perhaps the most famous practice for productivity management. What can be easilly overlooked however is the spiritual basis if his work. Productivity is so often missing from conscious business courses. Not this one!
What you will experience during this class:
- Why paying attention to what has your attention enables you to identify your most pressing needs
- How mastering conscious productivity will help you balance action and reflection day to day
- Understanding the strategic value of clear space â€“ so you can get around to the important work!
- Why externalizing your commitments and agreements creates clarity and flow
- Discovering the five steps that take you from feeling overwhelmed to feeling in control
Resources to check out as preparation for the class:
Mind Like Water: Clarity through Getting Things Done
This is our original Waking Up the Workplace interview with David Allen, in which he brings to bear his practical clarity on how being conscious is about making the implicit explicit, and how his work with Holacracy has both taken the pressure off his own leadership and filled out the practice of effectiveness in his own work.
Handout: Workflow Processing and Organizing
An explanation of the GTD workflow model, and how to use it.
Download the Class Recording and Workbook
Download the recording of the class and the workbook that goes with it.